May 25th at 7:00PM
Edgell Grove Chapel
Edgell Grove Cemetery, 53 Grove Street
In recognition of National Historic Preservation Month, the public is invited to attend this award ceremony hosted by the Framingham Historical Commission. Four structures and one monument will be recognized for preservation efforts. A total of eight awards to organizations and individuals will be awarded. The sites to be awarded are: Edgell Grove Cemetery Chapel, constructed in 1885 the chapel was repaired and restored in 2011 by the Edgell Grove Cemetery Trustees with funding from Charles Long; Rev. John Swift House Marker, a marker was placed in 1911 to honor Framingham’s first minister and in 2016 the Framingham chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution repaired and cleaned the marker; John Johnson House, built around 1870 faced demolition in 2004 but the Historical Commission allowed time for the property owner Frank Meile to save the building; Dr. Peter Parker House, a notable resident of Framingham, Parker built this house in the late 1860s to serve as his summer home and in 2007-2008 owners Thomas Schuetz and Joan Petracca worked with architect Gerald Couto to restore the building; Charles Russell Train House, constructed in the late 1850s, it was purchased by Advocates, Inc. in 2003 and they restored the building’s appearance while allowing them to continue to use it as a group home.