The Framingham History Center is located in three historic buildings around the Framingham Center Commons: the Edgell Memorial Library, Village Hall, and the Old Academy.
Edgell Memorial Library – 3 OAK STREET – cIVIL WAR sTATUE IN FRONT
The Edgell Memorial Library and Museum Gift Shop are open Wednesdays-Saturdays from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. or by appointment, and for programs and events at various times throughout the year. Our current exhibition, Shoppers’ World 1951-1994 is open at this location through August 2013, with admission free for members and students and $5 for others. If you would like to visit at other times, please call 508-626-9091 or email email@example.com. The offices of the Executive Director Annie Murphy, Program Coordinator Charlene Frary, and Development Director Jennifer Toth are located in this building, together with our Museum Gift Shop. The phone number at this building is 508-626-9091.
The Old Academy – 16 Vernon Street – (corner of grove)
The Old Academy is the building that many people think of as the “Historical Society”, and it houses a permanent exhibition of Framingham history from 1640-1999. The Academy is currently open by appointment only by appointment only while we present Shoppers World 1951-1994 at the Edgell Memorial Library. To make an appointment to visit The Academy, phone 508-872-3780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition to special collections, the offices of our Curator Dana Dauterman Ricciardi and our research library are located in this building. Research hours are generally Wednesday 12-4, by appointment. Email research inquiries or appointment requests to email@example.com.
Village Hall – 2 oak street – large white building on southern end of the common
This banquet facility is available for rental. Visits are arranged by appointment only, by contacting the Rental Coordinator Patsy Rossetti at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-308-9291.
Directions to all buildings:
From the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) Take Exit 12, Route 9, towards Framingham. Take the ramp toward Edgell Road/Main Street/Framingham. Stay straight until you can get in the middle lane of the ramp. Turn left and go through the next set of traffic lights. You are now on Edgell Road.
For Edgell Memorial Library - 3 Oak Street:
Take the next left onto Oak St, a one-way road. The first building on the left is the Edgell Memorial Library.
For Village Hall – 2 Oak Street:
Just beyond Oak Street, watch for the entrance to the Village Hall parking lot on the left, just ahead of the Centre Common.
For The Academy – 16 Vernon Street:
Take the next left onto Oak St, a one-way road. At the end of Oak St, turn right onto Vernon St. The Academy is approximately 1 / 4 mile on the left, on the corner of Grove St.
Accessibility & Parking
The Village Hall is not handicap accessible and we are working toward full accessibility in the future. The Old Academy is not handicap accessible. The Edgell Memorial Library has ramp access at the Library Street entrance with handicap parking available. Parking for the Old Academy may be accessed off of Grove Street behind the Jonathan Maynard Building.